Since there is a storm predicted on Saturday, if we get a dusting of snow on Mt. Rose and Slide Mt. and the sun comes out, here is a place where the view of these mountains is very good. This is an old ranch property that is open to dog walkers, people who fly remote controlled planes, etc. There are some old cottonwood trees with character too. Plenty of parking and you can drive around as well. This area is right across the street from South Meadows Library - the big mustard-colored building. Also close is Starbucks, Raleys, and McDonalds at the intersection of Wedge Parkway and Mt. Rose Hwy.
Date: November 24, 2014 (Monday)
Time: 9:30 to 10:00 - depending on how cold the morning is
Place: The old ranch - open lot - at the corner of Wedge Parkway and Whites Creek Lane
Amenities: The library is across the street, Starbucks, Raleys and McDonalds down the street
Note: I don't think we will get so much precip that it would be muddy, but if it is, you can park across the street at the library. Signs on Whites Creek Lane say no parking.
There are some homes and power poles in some of your views, but that is what is so great about being an artist --- we can eliminate those!
You can also see Peavine and the Virginia foothills from here. It is just a nice wide-open area.
DIRECTIONS: From I-80 and 580 intersect:
- South on 580
- Exit 59 - Damonte Ranch Parkway
- Turn Right on Damonte Ranch Pkwy, it turns into Arrowcreek about where the intersection of Virgina Street is
- Continue on Arrowcreek Parkway - stay left
- at about .8 miles turn left on Wedge Parkway
- First right turn at about .3 miles on Whites Creek Lane
- Immediate right into dirt parking area in the old ranch