|Carson River near Sorensens|
It is possible the aspen leaves have been blown off the trees ... so ... we will meet at Pickett's Junction at the restroom parking area in Hope Valley and survey our options in that area. Here is a brief description of the locations to paint in that area:
1. Luther Pass Ranch: About a mile from Pickett's Junction on Hwy 89 on the right-hand side. This is an old ranch and the gate is still open. Sorry, I do not have a photo of this area.
2. The area across Hwy 89 from Luther Pass Ranch is also a possibility. This is still part of Hope Valley.
3. Carson River access: There are many places along 88 to pull off and hike to the river for a beautiful view of just the river, aspens, willows, or the river and a view of Hope Valley and surrounding mountain peaks. See map. The areas indicated are in red from Sorensens to the beginning Blue Lakes Road.
Date: October 20, 2014 (Monday)
Time: 9:30 am
Meet: at the Pickett Junction bathroom parking lot
What to bring:
- cell phone (however service is next to none)
- art gear
- art umbrella, hat, sunglasses
- food and drink
Services: Sorensen's gift shop has snacks and maps, the restaurant is also open
Bathrooms: Pickett's Junction and near the junction of 88 and Blue Lakes Road - on Blue Lakes Road.
Gas Station: Markleeville
Directions from Reno: Take 395 (580) South to Minden, turn right on Highway 88. Approximately 1 hour 15 min. to Pickett's Junction from central Reno.