|Fallen Leaf Lake|
Time: 9:30 am
Place: Fallen Leaf Lake, near South Lake Tahoe
Meeting: We will meet at the beginning of Fallen Leaf Lake Road and follow one of our members
Destination: We will be going along Fallen Leaf Lake Road about a mile. On the right hand side will be a meadow. Half-way through the meadow will be a dirt road (Road 1212). We will be parking there and walking the short distance to the lake where we will see a view of Mt. Tallac.
Weather: should be a high of 75 and sunny and clear
Amenities: Sorry, I don't know. But there is a campground further up the road.
Dogs: Moxie the dog will be present
What to bring:
- painting gear
- drinking water and snacks or lunch
- bug spray might be good idea since we are near water
- remember yellow jackets are still around - bring your antihistimine or shot
- hat, sunglasses, umbrella
- Since there is a dirt road out to the lake, carts will probably work fine
- folding chair if you wish
Directions: From Reno, take Highway 50 through South Lake Tahoe, turn Right on Highway 89. Turn Left on Fallen Leaf Lake Road. Allow an hour to get there....