Friday, February 8, 2013

Lake Tahoe/Sand Harbor and top of Mt. Rose Hwy Paint-Out

Monika

Monika, Carol, Emma and I met at Sand Harbor/Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side, for a paint-out.  Carol and Emma were on the other side of the beach park, so I didn't get any photos of them.  (Carol just sent me her picture of her painting in progress - here it is:
Carol's rock study


My new oil painting set-up!
Since Monika and I had a head-start and finished our first paintings, we drove up to the top of Mt. Rose Hwy to the "Meadow" and painted.  Although the snow was icy and packed, I thought I'd try out my new gear that fits in a backpack and snow shoe out into the meadow - to see if I could do this....yep!  Passes the test!  I'll write about gear in another post.  I'm going to ask my friends to do a little description of their art gear for me so I can post their ideas too.


No comments:

Post a Comment