Thursday, November 19, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving, Family Issues, Time Off, and Retirement


Dear artist friends,

Due to recent family matters, I will be taking time off from this website in regards to organizing and posting paint-outs until after the holidays.  My mother's health is declining rapidly and plans are being made to move her into assisted living.  My sister and I are overwhelmed with responsibilities.  This is in addition to other things I won't go into.

I will still be organizing our group exhibition that will hang in the Northwest Reno Library in March.  In January I will be sending out an email for sign-ups.  Northwest Reno Library Gallery is a wonderful venue and has more square feet of space than South Valleys Library, so I encourage you to enter.  This is a show where the participants all help so that I am not alone in this.  

Please keep painting!  If you have made friends with other painters - try to get together to paint on the location of your choice when it is convenient for you.

I also need to tell you I was planning on retiring this website and plein air group after the March exhibit.  I have done this for over three years now and it is time for me to move on and work on my own thing.

For those of you that have enjoyed participating in the paint-outs and want to continue, please start talking among yourselves of how you might keep it going for yourself.  It can be a different group, a different name, a different method on how to contact one another for paint-outs.  There are so many ways this can be done....it doesn't have to be as involved as I have done so far.

I would like to say that this group and painting every week for three years has made me a better and more confident painter!  The company and friendships and things I have learned from all of you have been invaluable.  Thank you everyone for coming to paint-outs, inspiring me and helping, and being a wonderful friend!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I will be in touch....

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment